Thursday 22 March 2012

What’s the fudge all about? Part 2 - DARK

In ♥ Fudgelets part 2 ♥ I want to share with you some magic of the Mother Nature kind!



It is in the deepest dark earth that the most delicious things grow. When roots meet light, stems swirl into green abandonment and something special happens. In “What’s the fudge all about? Part 1 – I shared a delicious dark chocolate fudge recipe.

This time I’m delighted to be sharing it polar opposite, the silkiest white fudge that I’ve tasted and yes, it's good for you! It contains two of my favourite ingredients - coconut oil and Lúcuma.

Coconut oil

A cooks dream, it has a high smoke point and is far better for cooking with than olive oil, which becomes rancid and turns carcinogenic. It does contain saturated fat, though differs from the kind we know to loathe, the artery clogging kind, also known as LCT’s (long-chain triglycerides) Coconut oil contains MCT’S (medium-chain triglycerides) which are easily absorbed and digested, requiring much less energy and fewer enzymes to break them down for digestion, so they seldom get stored as body fat. Coconut goodness literally pours down like droplets of healing nectar – here is what it can do…

  • Stimulate the metabolism
  • Aid healing
  • Prevents osteoporosis
  • Prevents cancer
  • Heals viruses
  • Balances blood sugars
  • Moisturises dry skin and hair

Lúcuma

Pronounced (Loo-Ku-Mah) is a whole fruit powder and tastes like paradise of a Peruvian kind. It's creamy texture gives grrrreatness to these gourmet Fudgelets. Lúcuma powder is delicious, butterscotch like, blending beautifully with ice creams, baby food, yogurts, biscuits, smoothies, raw treats and yumminess of all kinds.

The fruit grows from an evergreen and is also known as the “Gold of the Incas.” For some fudge gold, la la Lúcuma is the way forward!

  • Gluten-free
  • Rich source of antioxidants
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Promotes wound healing and tissue regeneration
  • Helps keep bones and teeth strong
Lace your taste buds lovingly. These Fudgelets will do just that, I promise. I also promise you that if you take moments each day to cherish the now and empty the mind of niggly nothingness – ie; pointless worries and endless things to do, you will in turn tap into your higher resonance and true worth.

Love,
FFX
White Fudge with Incas Gold

Cashew nuts, 180g
Lúcuma powder, 40g
Sea salt, a good pinch
Coconut oil, 55g
Sweet freedom/ maple syrup 155g
Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
Pistachio nuts, 40g roughly chopped

BLITZ first three ingredients together in a food processor until fine.
ADD wet ingredients to dry and blend until well mixed. 
ROLL into varying sized balls, to suit different appetites.
OR
SPREAD in a parchment lined baking pan. 
SPRINKLE with pistachio nuts and press down lightly.
CUT into varying sized pieces to suit all appetites. 
REFRIGERATE until very firm, for at least an hour.
ALWAYS serve chilled and love always!

6 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting. I've not used coconut oil before but have been seeing it in quite a few recipes recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Coconut oil is a great ingredient, one I definitely recommend trying - it's high smoke point is a bonus too. FFX

      Delete
  2. I love coconut oil...and this wonderful fudge is nearly a guilt free treat! Marvelous!

    PS...thank you for the sweetest comment on my blog...you make me smile from my head to me toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so welcome! I love your blog and your writing has a warmth that tells me you're lovely person too. Hope you're having a peaceful and happy Easter holiday/ Spring break! FFX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and so I just nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. Come on over to www.mango-ginger.blogspot.com to find out more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thank you! Will pop over now... FFXOX

      Delete

I'm glad you're here and would love to know what you think? If there’s a dish or a type of food you’d like to see here, please do let me know. Your comments, notes, tweets always bring a smile to my face. Thanks very much for stopping by at Feeling Food:)