Saturday 24 December 2011

The recipe for Acceptance




Millions of stars transcending into an evening night,

Christmas Eve, waking dreams are taking flight.
Bells ring while soulful choirs sing,
A child's laughter is a prayer on a wing.
Welcome hope, acceptance and unending love,
The gentle snowfall, feels like the softest glove.
Quiet white light, blinding and tall,
Merry Christmas, to one and all!



I’m opening a different kind of present this year. I’m taking it slowly and willing it will last – it’s as simple as it is profound ~ acceptance.

This year, that is all I want. Though I’m careful not to say “I want.” My Mum always said to me “I want never gets.” So perhaps, “I hope,” is enough, for surely hope is the one thing we all need now and everyday.


As I watch my twelve-week-old son kicking the air and my eldest son singing, meanwhile the little lion cub is mesmerised by his own tiny feet - I am filled with blissful joy, life is so simple for them, just as it should be.
LIFE – now there’s a thought. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you will know that last year in 2010 - I said goodbye to my Dad, and this year, I’ve said goodbye to my Mum. On the 5th December, their wedding Anniversary - we said a final goodbye in the Church they married in.
TEARS - heal, I’m told. I’ve always been open with my feelings, it’s no coincidence that this blog is called Feeling Food! I want to say a heart felt thank you to all of you who read my blog and share your thoughts with me. I love reading your messages and am so thankful that it is reaching readers all over the world.

LIFE – one big mystery, that with each experience, good and bad, a new piece of the puzzle is given.

GIFT - every moment of connection and laughter shared.

I’m cherishing the now with all my might and praying for a peaceful and love filled Christmas. I’m sending you all huge amounts of light and love, two of the most important ingredients for a truly merry Christmas – in life and in the kitchen.

“At Christmas I no more desire a rose, than wish in May’s new-fangled shows; but like of each thing that in season grows.”

William Shakespeare

Love Always and forever!

Merry Christmas 

FFXOXOXO

The recipe for Acceptance

Water, an endless well
Faith, 21g
Acceptance, a litre undiluted
Patience, a very generous handful
Compassion, 1 whole finely chopped
Generosity, zest and juice
Light, to guide and surrender
Deliverance, a mighty amount
Strength, as much as you need
Hope, 12 turns

CUP water in your palm, let it cleanse you.
ADD faith and acceptance to a large circular bowl.
MIX with your hands, remember to trust your instincts here. They’re your best-friends in the kitchen and everywhere in fact.
SWIRL in some generosity, notice how it brightens up everything.
GIVE light, as much as you can find in immeasurable quantities.
GENTLY sieve and season with deliverance.
BLEND in strength and hope eternal.
BE thankful with gratitude in everything you do and remember how lucky it is to be you!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog!! Hope you all had a beautiful Christmas! Love n kisses Ang xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here and would love to know what you think? If there’s a dish or a type of food you’d like to see here, please do let me know. Your comments, notes, tweets always bring a smile to my face. Thanks very much for stopping by at Feeling Food:)